Tuesday, May 7, 2013

In case you haven't heard this in a while- You are pretty FABULOUS!

I am going to let you in on a little secret... Everyone needs a little encouragement. EVERYONE.

My phone just beeped and I had a Facebook message from someone who has encouraged me to do somethings I thought were crazy, like starting this blog and writing songs. I opened the message and it was a video of a little boy reminding me to take the Road Most Awesome. It was sent to encourage me. Not because things were "bad"  but because I am doing something crazy and it is to encourage me to keep on the path of awesome. I am crossing my fingers that I am right on that one. :)

Let me start by saying I know some awesomely talented people- authors, professional singers and songwriters. They are using the talents that God has given them, to His glory, and they are successful doing it. Their writings and music have been uplifting to me and so many others. They are doing what God intended for them to do.

I am grateful to have these people in my life because they push me and encourage me. I have stepped outside of my comfort zone to do things I never thought I was capable of because these wonderful people.

BUT... there is an inner mean girl inside of me that wants to "kick me in my teeth". She rears her ugly head at the most opportune times and whispers such "encouraging" thoughts. "You know you don't sing as well as _______, so why are you even trying." "Oh Dear! You know this will be a failure, you should give up now." "Look at their house- neat, organized. Oh Honey, when is the last time you dusted?" "She has it together, why aren't you more like her?" And don't even get me started on when that inner witch gets on her broom about being a sucky wife. She swirls in my head like a tornado wreaking havoc. She makes me feel like where I am and who I am is not good enough. That being where God intended me to be is not good enough.

It is very difficult for me to write and now publish the paragraph above. I was afraid to show others that inside the put together exterior is a mess. Some days the mess is a little junk mail on the counter and some days a full on episode of Hoarders. Now, I have a great life. I have a wonderful husband who is my best friend. My Mama and sister are two people that I would hurt you over because I love them but they are also my buddies. I have fabulous extended family and true friends who love me faults and all. (And I do them.) I have a job that, although crazy and stressful is a great job that has helped me become a more responsible, organized adult. From all outward appearances, I have a perfect life.

Oh wait- I do! But I will get back to that in a moment.

I try to see the good in everything and everyone. I try to smile and laugh as often as I can. I make sure that I spend time with littles who still see the world as God intended it. I try to remember God loves me and has me. But sometimes that inner mean girl screams way louder than everything else and I let her win. There is no rhyme or reason to it, some days she just simply wins. Those are the days a girl like me could use a little encouragement and a good lipstick! And since we never know when that inner mean kid is winning, we should be encouraging to others every single chance we get.

Now about that inner mean kid telling you "You ain't even close to perfect." Yes you are! And I can prove it...

There are two definitions of perfect:

1. excellent or complete beyond practical or theoretical improvement.

I think this is the definition that gets us in deep poo-poo. There is no humanly way possible to be perfect with this definition and yet we seem strive for this form of perfection. But there is hope because definition #2 is amazing.

# 2: exactly fitting the need in a certain situation or for a certain purpose.

My friend was the epitome of perfect 2.0. He sent exactly what I needed to see and hear, at the exact moment I needed it.

Whatever the situation, if we pray for God to guide us in our actions and words, and do what He shows us, we will be perfect. Not beyond improvement but being exactly what someone needs when they need it. We can encourage them and show them God's love in the best way possible. I can't think of anything more perfect than that!

2 Samuel 22:33
God is my strength and my power; and he maketh my way perfect.

love- j

No comments:

Post a Comment